15 Aug 2008 Fri

Received a call from my friend saying that my HRM group members were waiting for me in the tutorial room. Met them for the first time. 4 serious guys. Discussed on our first tutorial, realised that there would be a lot of time spent in this subject. I can't imagine the trouble we would be going through. How are we going to look for a company, establish cold contacts, interview them and then presentation? How are we going to meet up often, given that my timetable this sem is so packed? At least there are 5 of us. The huge workload can be spilt up among 5 people so it wouldn't be so siong.

I'm more worried for my fyp. Individual project, 100% monitored by Prof.
On top of that, still got HRM somemore.

I have 3072 lab this afternoon. This time round, I was alone. I should have cleared this subject before I went for my IA, but with "unable to fit into my timetable then" as an excuse, I postponed this 1 AU subject to now. Truth being, 3 hours of 3071 lab were enough, I couldn't stand another 3 hours of 3072.

I 'm very weak in lab experiments, partly because of the past experiences I had since high school.
Physics, I got confused over the not-very-clear instructions, drawing best-fit graph with curve ruler, using the appropriate x and y axes, taking many sets of readings and then took average, rounding off to 3 significant and ,sometimes, 4 significant figures. I wouldn't forget how the battery was short-circuited, the insulation of the wire melted, exposing the crocodile clip and then... fire. It was put out by blowing it off like a candle on a birthday cake. I had developed the phobia since then.
Chemistry, I was afraid of lighting up the bunsen burner, getting the wrong amount of chemicals, identifying the wrong elements, inserting the lighted splinter, that my partner would spill acid on me, that I would see a light reddish-brown as orange colour. I dislike the pungent smell and I lost count of the test-tubes my partner broke.

And today, 3072 Java.

I never like programming. Reason being, I don't know how to do. It would be very cool to understand the codes that computers use. Too bad I don't. Worse is, I have to do a report on it. For the whole 3 hours, I was following the instructions, typing, and once in a while asking people some very silly questions. I didn't understand what I was doing.

First and foremost, my impression of Java is... a place in Indonesia.
HTML... is something which I use for my blog template and blogskin.
Tomcat is.. the grey cat in Tom and Jerry cartoon.

And now, Java becomes a web programming language I don't know and Tomcat is a web server. Now how am I going to do a report on it?

8 more weeks of 3072 to go.. oh man.

No comments: